Exciting developments are underway for the Briar Chapel community in Chapel Hill, NC! Developers broke ground Thursday, Feb. 18, 2016 on a 42,500-square-foot commercial and educational project, called “Veranda,” at the corner of Briar Chapel Parkway and U.S. 15-501 in northern Chatham County. The complex is the first of four similar projects planned for the 1,589-acre Briar Chapel community, which has added more than 2,000 residents and 800 homes since 2007, and is approved for up to 2,400 homes. The community boasts 900 acres of preserved open space and 24 miles of nature trails.
- Alberello Italian Cafe (a new concept restaurant by Brendan and Leslie Cox, owners of Oakleaf Restaurant in Pittsboro, NC)
- Capp’s Apizza
- Breakaway Coffee Cafe and Cycling Store
- Town Hall Burger and Bistro
- Primrose School of Chapel Hill and Briar Chapel
- Chatham Pediatric Dentistry
- Parkway Family Dentistry
- Carolina Convenient Care
- Triangle Vision
- 501 Pharmacy and Compounding
- Dermatology and Laser Center of Chapel Hill
- Bradshaw & Robinson Law
- MENSCUTS Hair Salon
Veranda will also include large outdoor dining areas and outdoor fireplaces, a performance stage, and a variety of new concepts from the area’s cutting-edge restaurateurs.