Monday, July 13, 2009
The Chapel Hill Real Estate market is still going strong but, like the rest of the country, our market is experiencing a great deal of change. The table below compares Chapel Hill homes for sale and the associated statistics from 2008 to 2009.
- From 2008 to 2008, Chapel Hill homes for sale, otherwise referred to as new listings, decreased by 20.6%.
- Closed sales in the Chapel Hill Real Estate market are off 36.6% from 2008.
- While sales are down, average prices are up 5%.
- On average, sellers are getting slightly less than what they got last year. In other words, the list-to-sales price ratio is down to 96.5% from 97.6% in 2008. It is important to note that prior to 2008, the average list to sales price ratio was closer to 98-to 99%.
- Average days on marrket are stretching out. We are now seeing it take approximately 107 days to sell a home compared to 82 last year. In years past, this number was closer to 60 days.
Average Sales Price
Avg Days on Market
Click here to view Team Jodi’s Chapel Hill homes for sale
Click here to Search homes for sale in Chapel Hill
Data Source: Triangle MLS