Selling your home isn’t easy, but it’s much more simple when you follow these tips.
If you’re in the market to sell your home, there are seven things that you absolutely must do to accomplish your goals of selling quickly and for the highest price possible:
1. Detach yourself from the home. Start to think of your home as more of a product than a home. It will help you make better decisions when you’re preparing it for the Triangle real estate market.
2. Hire a strong listing agent. They will be able to tell you what you need to do to get ready. They should either have really strong staging skills themselves or work with a professional stager.
3. Maximize your curb appeal. Your curb appeal is a term for how your Triangle home looks when a buyer pulls up to the curb. If there is something off right away, buyers will start to wonder if there are other problems inside the home.
4. Use up-to-date paint colors. Your agent and/or stager should be able to help you pick the right colors that match your home and appeal to the highest amount of buyers possible.
5. Replace your carpet. It’s amazing what new carpet can do to a home in the eyes of buyers.
6. Stage your home for buyers. We don’t live in our home like we would stage our home. When it’s time to sell, you need to stage it to sell because it truly does make a difference.
7. Pricing your home right the first time. When you’re looking at comparable homes that are listed for sale on the Triangle MLS, look at those pictures and compare them to your home. Pricing is an art form, not a science. Pricing right off the bat will make the most difference because that’s when most buyers will see your house.
If you have questions about getting your home ready for sale or anything else related to real estate, don’t hesitate to reach out via phone or email. I look forward to hearing from you.