If you are thinking of selling your house this year, you may wondering if it makes more sense to hire a Listing Agent to guide you through the process, or whether you should try to do sell it yourself. After all, you’re the expert on your own home, right?
It may be tempting to “go it alone” in an effort to save money, but in our experience, the stress, unforseen obstacles, and time on the market experienced by sellers is not worth it. They often wind up hiring a real estate agent in the end after all, after having wasted precious time, money, and resources. By hiring a qualified professional from the beginning, most sellers will actually end up saving money, as their agent will know all the tricks and tips to sell a home quickly at top dollar.
Here are the reasons why you should hire a professional listing agent:
- Realtors have access to market data about recent sales and other homes on the market that can be used to price your home appropriately. Studies have proven that homes priced appropriately from the get-go sell more quickly and at a higher price than those that sit on the market.
- Listing Agents are expert at marketing homes to buyers worldwide and to the local real estate community.
- Realtors will look at your home objectively and make suggestions on how to make your home more attractive to a broad spectrum of buyers. This may include landscaping, staging, or repairs.
- Realtors have the capability — especially those with Teams — to respond quickly to any and all inquiries, and be ready to show your home when you are unavailable.
- Realtors can respond to inquiries from potential buyers and other agents in their network of contacts.
- Realtors are able to obtain helpful feedback from potential buyers after having toured your home.
- Realtors will screen potential buyers, saving you from wasting time showing your home to unrealistic buyers.
- Realtors provide potential buyers to tour your home anonymously. Most visitors prefer to tour the home without the homeowners being present. The seller must be present at a for-sale-by-owner sale.
- Realtors have years of professional marketing experience and expertise they put to use to sell your home quickly and at top dollar.
- Realtors have a professional network of contacts that will enable them to market your home more widely than you would be able to as an individual.
- Listing agents are experts at looking at the offer to purchase and contract from the seller’s perspective. Top listing agents can help you negotiate a contract that meets your unique needs, including best price, settlement date, and closing. Listing agents will ensure your contract is in compliance with all local regulations.
- Listing agents will guide you through the often bumpy road when negotiating home repairs and work with their trusted contractors to get the work done on your home.
- Top listing agents will also be there to guide you through any other issues that arise in the process from appraisal issues to potential issues with your buyer’s loan.
We at Real Estate Experts are top listing agents. We have been providing all of these benefits for our clients for the past 20 years. Our seasoned team members work together to provide outstanding service to our buyers and sellers, while developing a unique partnership to better care for our clients. If you are looking to buy or sell, let one of our top realtors assist you today!